Wednesday 6 June 2007

As inspired by Barney Gumble

It sounded like an impossible challenge. Two weeks without Coke Zero or Diet Coke. Two weeks without that refreshing "kshhhh" of a can opening. Two weeks of actually having to think about what I want to drink when I was thirsty. I have always maintained that I am not addicted to Diet Coke and Coke Zero, but merely like it very very much. So much, in fact, that I often think about Barney on The Simpsons when he wins a truckload of Duff and cries "plug it to my veins!"

Today, though, the two weeks are over and I am about to have my first Coke in what feels like years. It wasn't easy to break the habit of reaching toward the silver or black bottle (that is apparently supposed to be shaped like a headless woman which strikes me as very odd), but I persevered. It was even harder when I went out with my coke-guzzling sisters, shooting them evil looks as they smugly drank. The low point was when I went out with three girls for coffee last weekend and each of them ordered coke.

But now the two weeks are up. Plug it to my veins!
P.S. What is your favourite Simpsons quote? Mine is:
"My cat's breath smells like catfood" - Ralph Wiggum. Click here for more Ralph quotes.

3 comments:

Tane said...

My favourite quote (there's so many):

Rex Banner, overlooking Springfield from a nearby hill:

"You're out there somewhere Beer Baron, and I'll get you."

Homer, faintly, from town:

"No, you won't."

Anonymous said...

The first of my long list of beloved Simpsons quotes that pops into my mind is when Maggie gets pressed up against the glass of the ball pit at an indoor kids playground, and the supervisor says:

"Release more balls!"

Anonymous said...

Homer Simpson: "To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!"

- dan.