Saturday 31 March 2007

Tane's Five lots of Five

Five things I am hoping will happen this year

1. NZ beat Australia to win the cricket World Cup
2. Lauren and I ride an elephant in Laos
3. Lauren and I take to a boat to Lesbos. Heh. Lesbos.
4. Lauren and I ride in a balloon over Cappadocia
5. We're in a pub in Ireland to watch NZ win the rugby World Cup

Five movies I’m looking forward to

1. Pan's Labyrinth
2. Spider Man 3
3. The Simpsons Movie
4. Pirates of the Caribbean 3
5. Harry Potter 5

The last five books I’ve read

1. A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich - Alexander Solzhenitsyn (well, still reading - it's bloody good)

2. His Dark Materials trilogy - Philip Pullman (incredibly imaginative and filled with beautiful descriptions, but the plot was sometimes messy)

3. A History of God - Karen Armstrong (interesting and well written, if repetitive - people's ideas of God tend to be similar)

4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time - Mark Haddon (fascinating autistic narrator)

5. LOTS of comics - especially The Swamp Thing by the great Alan Moore

Five books I’m looking forward to reading

1. Birds without Wings – Louis De Bernieres
2. Anansi Boys – Neil Gaiman
3. Life of Pi – Yann Martel
4. War of the Flowers – Tad Williams
5. We Need to Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver

Five things I am currently procrastinating from doing

1. Writing my CV for Ireland and the UK
2. Doing my TEFL course
3. Cleaning the car
4. Putting my fan on trademe
5. Reading Umberto Eco’s “The Mysterious Flame of Queen Laona”

No comments: